As the world focuses more than ever on sustainable practices, businesses, and economic growth, the upcoming 13th Athens Sustainability Forum, hosted by Global Sustain, promises to be a pivotal event. Scheduled for October 6th, 2023, at the prestigious Benaki Museum in Athens, this forum will bring together visionary leaders, institutional representatives, investors, and key societal stakeholders to discuss the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities in the realm of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices.
One notable highlight of this event is the participation of INZEB (International Zero Energy Buildings Association) as an institutional partner. INZEB, a pioneering organisation in promoting sustainable and energy-efficient building practices, joins forces with Global Sustain to lend its support to the vital discussions and initiatives taking place at the Athens Sustainability Forum.
The Athens Sustainability Forum serves as a significant platform for dialogue and collaboration, facilitating discussions on ESG trends, sustainable investments, and fostering a dynamic and outward-facing ecosystem for Greek entrepreneurship. The event’s agenda is packed with informative sessions, expert insights, and valuable networking opportunities.
The forum will commence with a warm welcome, followed by an inspiring keynote speech titled “The Future of ESG” by Michael Spanos, the Founder and Managing Director of Global Sustain Group. Throughout the day, attendees will have the privilege to hear from esteemed speakers who will delve into various aspects of ESG, innovation, and sustainability.
Some key sessions include:
- “Making ESG Accessible to All with Innovation and Technology”: Presented by Panos Martinis, CEO of SOFTONE Group and Chairman of Global Sustain S.A., this session promises to shed light on the role of innovation in making ESG practices more accessible and effective.
- “The European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) and the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)”: Maria Alexiou, a member of the ESRS Secretariat, will provide insights into the European standards shaping the ESG landscape.
- “Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) in Banking and Project Finance”: Mark Hughes, Senior Environmental Advisor at the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD), will explore the critical aspects of ESG in banking and project finance.
- “Advancing ESG Capacity for Banks and Corporations”: Zak Abideen and Helen Tunstall from Moody’s Analytics will share their expertise on enhancing ESG capabilities.
- “ESG and Credit Insurance: Risks and Opportunities”: Makis Tzeis, CEO of Atradius, will discuss the intersection of ESG and credit insurance.
- Panel Discussions: These will feature influential leaders from SMEs, including Achilleas Aggelopoulos (Kyknos S.A.), Christos Kahramanoglou (Viopol S.A.), Stavroula Maroulis (MPack S.A.), and Panos Vasileiadis (Ideal Holdings S.A.). They will explore ESG for SMEs, a vital segment of the business landscape.
The day will also include engaging talks on board competence, ESG integration in the energy sector, ESG investing, and a fireside chat on ESG for growth and transformation. The latter will feature Yannis Kantonias (CEO, COSMOS Aluminium S.A.) and Aris Vrettos (Sustainable Business Strategy & Transformation at Croda and Global Sustain Board Member).
The Athens Sustainability Forum will encompass diverse perspectives on ESG, including stakeholder engagement, cooperation, and coexistence in a dynamic world. The forum aims to empower businesses and organisations to embrace sustainable practices and integrate them into their core strategies.
INZEB’s involvement as an institutional partner underscores its commitment to fostering sustainability and energy efficiency in the built environment, aligning perfectly with the forum’s objectives. Their support and participation will undoubtedly enrich the discussions and initiatives at the event.
The 13th Athens Sustainability Forum promises to be an enlightening and collaborative event, driving forward the agenda of sustainability and ESG in the Greek business landscape. It’s a unique opportunity for attendees to gain insights, network with like-minded individuals, and contribute to the ongoing global dialogue on sustainability.
As the world grapples with environmental challenges and social responsibilities, forums like this play a crucial role in shaping a more sustainable, equitable, and prosperous future. INZEB’s partnership with Global Sustain reaffirms the organisation’s dedication to this noble cause and its pivotal role in driving positive change.
Mark your calendars for October 6th, 2023, and join Global Sustain at the Benaki Museum in Athens for what promises to be a transformative day of discussions, insights, and collaborations in the world of sustainability and ESG. Together, we can build a more sustainable and resilient future for all.